Yes, I realize it sounds like the ultimate oxymoron BUT in the quest to cope with job stress, time is limited so strategizing is required. This plan played out quite well for me on this Victoria Day long weekend. The weather cooperated and I am feeling grateful.
This may be the recipe… at least for me!
- Starting the weekend in a noisy, hip hop and happening hot spot like Local Bar and Grill.
- Finishing an entire book that I WANTED to read, as opposed to one I SHOULD read. This requires reading in bed. Curled up in a favourite chair. In a great coffee shop (like 49th Parallel) with a sunny deck.
- Biking around the Stanley Park Seawall before the tourists have set out for the day.
- Breakfast at the perfect hole in the wall spot, yes called The Spot.
- Halsa Spa float in an ocean room. Thanks for the introduction to this, Celia!
- Golfing. Working out the angst on little white or fluorescent balls. Soaking up the beautiful sounds and sights.
- Self designed Semperviva One day Yoga Retreat – Hatha in the am at the Sea Studio. Restorative in the afternoon at the Kits Beach Studio. Yin before bed at the Sun Studio.
- The promise of a good sleep 🙂
- Reaffirmation that there is life beyond work!