Wild About Vancouver is a celebration of the outdoors being held from April 18-25, 2018. Activities are planned by individuals, schools, sports organizations and community groups and centres. All activities planned during the week are free to participants. The goal for the week is to generate lots of energy, ideas and momentum for participation in outdoor learning, activities and fun that continues well beyond the week long celebration. There are lots of opportunities to participate.
- Get ideas and register on the Wild About Vancouver website. Tweet out lesson ideas, activities, events and blog links. Be sure to include @WildAboutVan so we can retweet and generate some excitement!
Hashtags #getoutside #getoutdoors #outdoorlearning #outdoorclassroom #natureschool
3. Email blog posts to email@example.com
4. Encourage a friend to participate in an outdoor activity.
- Ideas from University Hill Elementary School for the 2018 Wild About Vancouver
- scheduled weekly nature school / outdoor learning experiences
- Hatch butterflies in the classroom
- Create a butterfly garden for them to live in when they are released
- Create an Outdoor Classroom
- Start a leadership group to teach playground games
- Plant Potatoes.
- Start Worm Composting
- Raise salmon fry and release them into the wild
- Read Gillian Judson’s new book, A Walking Curriculum with your staff or community group and try out a few of the walks or ALL 60!
- Host an Earth Day Barbeque
For those interested outdoor enthusiasts outside the Lower Mainland of Vancouver, British Columbia, consider of the continuing the movement in your community!